10.21.2009

upside down and inside out.

This past summer when I went school shopping, I bought this really cute (I'm starting to hate that word) sailor-inspired tote bag, thinking I could use it as my school bag. Well let's just say I didn't know what I was in for.



I ended up only using the bag for the first 3 days of school. You may ask, why is that? Well, nobody bothered to inform any of the poor little freshman girls that all the freshman lockers are nowhere near the educational classrooms. So basically the only time you can go to your locker is in the morning and lunch, if you have time. After I realized that carrying 4 binders and 3 textbooks around for 5 periods was a bad idea, I quickly did something about it. First I told my mom that I DESPERATELY needed a backpack. My mom, who is extremely frugal, told me to use my younger brother's old one. I really wanted a cool leather one or at least a jansport, but i ended up with a worn Nike sack of fabric with straps. After that I befriended a junior and she let me use her locker, which helped with the whole textbook issue. Also I only carry 2 binders instead of 4. But, I guess the moral of my story is carry a backpack, at least your freshman year. They're pretty darn convenient and carry a shitload more stuff than a tote bag.









all items from zappos.com




(there is currently a wasp in my house and I'm scared out of my effing mind.)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely people who have decided to leave me a comment !
I always comment back!